Saturday, April 28, 2012

HEATHCOTE BOTANICAL GARDENS PATH By Cecelia Lyden

oil/acrylic/stretched canvas
9x12

This is a path running in and around a small botanical garden in Fort Pierce, Fla. I made two paintout trips there with other artists this past winter. There was not much in bloom, but I did spy this wonderful twisty tree with its curvy branches and foliage. There was such movement swirling in and about the tree, coupled with a wonderful path, with light peeking and streaking across it--just had to try to paint it.
I painted the whole scene with acrylics and then decided to overpaint the tree's foliage and the path with oils for more oomph.

3 comments:

Dianne Lorden said...

The movement and warmth are so appealing - I's sure like to be on that path!

Donna said...

Makes me want to walk in the woods! I love the texture of the leaves.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Such beautiful, lyrical movement in the trunks and foliage - the tree on the right is a 'siren' of the woods!