Saturday, April 28, 2012

Recent work, Dianne Lorden


Above are some of the recent crafted gourd orders I have completed; many of the pieces have been complex of late, which has kept me busy. (In this selection, the human figures combine wood-burning and painting; the animal figures are painted.)
Sometimes, these are all I do and therefor, all I can post! Often, orders require plans that the client needs to see on paper, so we can have a "meeting of the minds," so to speak. Here (below) are a few recent watercolor sketches I've done in order to prepare for illustrating the gourd. My gourd art can be seen at Shamanic Art and my painings at South Mountain Sketchbook.


6 comments:

Donna said...

These are gorgeous! I love them all but my favs are the figurative ones!

Bertie Brown said...

Fun Stuff!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I really enjoy seeing these, Dianne - and appreciate the close-ups of your beautifully detailed work. Fantastic!

Taryn Day said...

Love these- especially that bear. Looks like you have a real steady hand!

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

the gourds are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process.

Maria Kovalenko Leysens said...

the gourds are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process.