Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beech Spring Farm, Orrtanna, PA by Larry Lerew

#12-06-59 Size: 12" x 24" Acrylic, en plein air
"Beech Spring Farm Overview"
Orrtanna, Pennyslvania
June 28th the SVPAP met at this beautiful location and I found a great viewpoint for my painting on a open field hillside. It was a hot day with a dry breeze blowing and I was working in full sun that's why I got "sun sick". Had most of the painting in place but had to stop and take a break in the shade and drink some water to recover. It's amazing how involved an artist gets while working. We ate our brown bag lunches under the shade tree and had a great art talk. This farm is "very pristine" and I needed to rough it up a little on canvas to give it the character I like. I finished this painting in my cool studio and added the dots and dashes I felt were needed.

To see more of my art check out my website and blog:
LarryLerew.com

4 comments:

Pat Koscienski said...

Larry, you sure got a lot in this painting. No wonder the sun got to you. Great as usual.

Cecelia Lyden said...

You are a true artist--you persevered and created such an interesting, lively and colorful landscape.

Julie Riker said...

You captured the expanse of this amazing property and your painting invites me to explore the landscape. I agree that it was a bit too pristine there.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Beautiful job on this, Larry. Glad that you are feeling better, and hope that your dog is doing better too.
I found the gardens less formal if I did a close-up. I realized when I got home most of the photos I took were closer views of the flowers that were very natural looking.
Wish you could have made it to paint at Petra's today - very naturalized flowers!