Thursday, August 21, 2014

All Is Well With A Candle In The Window - Origianl Art Painting by Mary Beth Brath - Daily Painter of Pennsylvania

All Is Well With A Candle In The Window
President James Buchanan's Home in Lancaster PA
by Mary Beth Brath

Finally - finished. I enjoyed an awesome day of plein air painting with members of the Susquehanna Valley Plein Air Painters recently. I had most of the painting finished on site but I needed to adjust some angles, put a candle in the window and simplify colors.

I was intrigued by this quiet rear entrance covered with a very healthy grape vine. There was no candle in the window - that was my doing. The "grape vine" of gossip surrounding Buchanan's presidency is also quite healthy. My candle symbolizes peace and assurance that all is well.

4 comments:

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Excellent work! And I love to hear the story behind the piece. :-)

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

Great painting, Mary Beth! I really like the story that came with it too.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What a nice setting, story and I like the additional candle = )

Cecelia Lyden said...

This turned out so well-nice shade value on the porch.Beautiful vine.