Thursday, April 16, 2015

Another Magazine article and other items of interest

The latest edition of  'Montana Fly Fishing Magazine' has me as their featured artist:
This is the first article this year, in 2014, I was fortunate to be featured artist for
'Southern Trout Magazine' and 'Fly Life Magazine'. I also became a contributing artist for the state magazine- 'Virginia Wildlife'. Not our state, but I have a bigger following in Virginia.
One of the strangest requests is usage for textbooks in Australia!
I am also involved in raising funds with their national headquarters in Vermont for
 CASTING FOR RECOVERY- a non-profit that is for Breast Cancer Survivors-
 with retreats around North America for Fly Fishing and general support.
I have set up an on-line store for them called The Pink Fly at: www.zazzle.com/thepinkflystore  or through my website:  www.thomglacewatercolors.com  that features my artwork (donated) on various products.
 I am presently working on a major fund raising effort with my artwork for
PROJECT: HEALING WATERS - a non-profit that works with disabled vets- missing limbs, etc. for a similar operation where they are taken out with other disabled for fly fishing retreats to help them become acclimated to living back in their homeland.
New Trout Watercolor Study of a Tiger Trout.
The original is donated to Trout Unlimited National Convention to raise money.
 
'Study of a Five-Striped Leaftail Dragonfly-Male'
 
THOM GLACE WATERCOLORS
 
 



3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

What GREAT NEWS, Thom!
All the best with your watercolors!

Debra Kreiger said...

Congrats Thom!

Cecelia Lyden said...

You're still going strong--excellent work, Thom.