Sunday, April 10, 2016

Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'. Shelby Pizzarro. Collage

For those of you who live near the Quinlan Visual Arts Center in Gainesville, Georgia you are in for a treat!

The Center is hosting this year's National Collage Society 19th Annual Postcard Show. Comprised of small works, the exhibit features art no larger or smaller than 4" x 6" in size. The theme for the show is: "Expansive Art can be Found in a Small Format."

The opening reception is Thursday, April 14th at 5:30 pm. The exhibit runs through Saturday, June 4th, 2016.

My entry this year is "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'". Using a weaving technique, I brought together art paper, hand-made paper, an ad from a trade magazine and husks...which I acquired from a local cornfield.

As with all NCS exhibits, the show promises to be a visual smörgåsbord with something to delight everyone's palate.

To view the exhibition opening, gallery photos and more please visit the Quinlan Visual Arts Center online.

The show certainly supports the axiom "Good things come in small packages"!

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOOKING good! I always love the weaving look in collage. I use that as one of my collage lessons.
= ) Good Luck in the NCS Exhibit!!! This is the 1st year, that I wasn't able to participate. All the best, Shelby!!

Sunny said...

This is gorgeous for such a small work!

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Thanks Sue. I was looking forward to seeing your card...maybe next year :-)

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Thanks Sunny. It was fun to do :-)